One matter of my pondering is the erratic nature of this here blog. I say that ’cause I see other blogs that have a straight-on direction.You know, they may write about writing or do reviews, things of that sort. Now, you may not have noticed at all but there have been a couple of times when I got stone bored with blogging but like other matters in life, I saw my way through it and kept chugging away.
On the backside of all this, I’ve been writing a lot of flash fiction as I, mentally, try to work out how I need to restructure my novel. Now, this is the novel I aim to finish first ’cause it’s the same one I took to my critique group that helped me define my writing style. Let me say this folks, Totsymae is the writer and the other person is the artist. The artist ain’t been painting so much ’cause Totsy’s taken over after so many years of not writing faithfully. And that’s okay. With this collection of flash pieces though, I’ll be doing a lotta drawing and painting soon.
Any ole how, sometimes I have to reflect on this blog so that it’ll keep my interest, as well as yours. Certainly, I don’t wanna write nothing where you can see I’m totally distracted or the blog’s turned into a Hollywood gossip column. Well, I do like dabbling but I won’t dig down too deep in the Wood. Okay? Believe it or not, I’m methodical about the content here but not in an organized fashion. So maybe you can answer some of these burning questions:
- Should subscribers know the rhythm of when you post? Should they expect to hear from you twice a week, if that’s how you roll or once a day? I ask this ’cause word is, if you wanna turn blogging into a profession, posts must be consistent. That’s not my target but for whatever you’re doing on your blog and you want followers, blogging, it’s said, shouldn’t be sporadic.
- What’s too much in your mailbox? Is three times a day too much? Once a day? What?
- Are guest posts okay on the blog you subscribe to or not? What if there was a noted author or noted whoever? Would that be cool?
- What’s your least favorite topic when reading a blog?
- What makes you fall in love with a blog or fall out with it?
These are all general questions you can relate to any blog, not mine specifically. I guess I’d be okay with you telling me something I didn’t wanna know. I don’t know. I’d have to read what you said first. Then, if I didn’t like what you said, I’d blog real bad stuff about you. Just joshing, folks.
Many thanks to all of you. You’re most appreciated. I was about to say I don’t have any thank you gifts to hand out but I do actually. Download this PDF. Listen to it and after you finish your business, hang it on your wall. (Hehehehe!)