Posted in Everyday Shit, tagged 1950s, advice, anti-gay statements, arsenic, art, debates, father knows best, fda, feminist, food and drug adminisration, gay marriage, gloria steinem, herman cain, humor, lists, mixed media, newt gingrich, organic baby food, politics, President, presidential race, rick santorum, santorum fashion, sarah palin, satire, sweater vests, the survivors on February 19, 2012 |
54 Comments »
"The Survivors I" Mixed Media on paper. Copyright 2012 Totsymae
- To say you don’t like the idea of gay marriage. Too many people wanna do it. You’ll be viewed as an anti-gay activist of sorts and to make any kinda statement that’s remotely offensive to gays, you risk losing your job. Just say no to how you feel and rant in private. You’re outnumbered and may find yourself at the bottom of the slippery slope you’ve been sliding on. Do you and mind whatever business you’ve got.
- To still be a part of the Sarah Palin fan base about four years after she lost the vice-presidential seat. She’s not any smarter now than she was then. The world’s been waiting ’cause, like, maybe she was under John McCain’s thumb when they were on the same ticket but we can now see Palin’s development is totally arrested. If you’re still in awe of her, (ahem) so is yours.
- To trust the Food and Drug Administration (FDA). The name itself shows a conflict of interest. They are totally okay with food companies putting arsenic in your food. It’s even in organic baby food. And there is no regulation as to how much they can put in the food for you and your children ingest.
- To have Herman Cain endorse your presidential endeavors. Folks had forgiven Newt Gingrich for fleeing his marriages and he’d moved up high in the polls. Even his arrogance was okay with folks but just as soon as Cain endorsed Newty, he dropped like a hot rock in the polls. He’s a more humble man now, as he pretty much started out on the campaign trail. He’s not talking as loud and has a kinda dumb smile on his face when you see him on TV now, which makes him more photogenic. Cain has contributed positively to the presidential race after all.
- To be Rick Santorum in a room full of feminists. Nothing he says as it pertains to women makes sense. I know he thinks we’re living in the 1950s, wearing those Father’s Knows Best sweater vests and all but I guarantee you Gloria Steinem would shake the shit out him and rattle some sense into that thick head of his. I’m not even a feminist but I would gladly join in helping her. It’s surprising the media hasn’t reported a woman slapping him on the campaign trail yet.
Read Full Post »